The 2013 Cover-Pools Calendar Contest
Entries are due
August 10, 2012 September 28, 2012.
Photos must include a genuine Cover-Pools application.
- Save-T 3 automatic pool cover
- Step-Saver® manual reel system
- Autosave™ spa cover
- Everlast™ Bench
- UnderSide™, SnapTop™, universal, or recessed track
- Spa and pool combinations
- Previously installed Cover-Pools systems
- Freeform, rectangular, and deck-on-deck applications
- Recessed and deck-mounted mechanisms
- Concrete, vinyl, and fiberglass construction
- Digital images should be a minimum of 3600 pixels by 2700 pixels. Please do not edit the photo file.
- Ensure that the cover and the surrounding deck areas are clean.
- Before photographing, wet down the deck or area surrounding the pool to give a greater visual definition to the area. Then remove any puddles or distracting reflections. A squeegee can reduce any water accumulation.
- Subtly stage the area if appropriate (plants, flowers, attractive deck chairs, etc.) but clear away any toys, debris, hoses, pumps, etc. If the deck area has an umbrella, open it for the photo.
- If possible, photograph during early morning or late afternoon for diffused light. This tip will consistently produce better photos.
- Place cover at ¼ to ½ covered. (Pool water should show ½ to ¾ of pool length.) Also provide photos with the pool fully covered and fully uncovered and any application or product detail shots.
- Shoot from an angle above the pool (such as ladder height.)
- The entire pool should be visible. Extend the image beyond the edges of the pool so that we are able to crop the photo to different sizes. Include attractive or distinctive yard, deck, and home features if they complement the pool area. Shoot from several angles if possible. Take additional shots of any special features of the pool.
- Use a fill flash to supplement any natural light.