Tips to eliminate a service call
If the cover won't operate, check these items first:
- Maintain proper pool water level.
- Check main breaker and reset GFI.
- Check fuses on limit switches (if equipped), located on circuit board.
- Disconnect main breaker first.
- Do not overtighten brake adjustments.
Maintenance tips that enhance cover life
- When shocking or super-chlorinating pool, if possible, leave pool uncovered with filtration operating until the chlorine reading has reached a swim-safe level. THE POOL SHOULD NOT BE LEFT UNSUPERVISED WHEN THE COVER IS OFF POOL.
- Always remove standing water from top of cover and patch holes as soon as possible.
- Check the drain in the recessed mechanism box, keeping it free of debris.
- Lubricate bearings and grease fittings at the beginning of each pool season.
Information on all these conditions are in the Cover-Pools Owner's Manuals.